CMN has made efforts to promote the services of PaperG and its Flyerboard application with the 600 college newspapers in the network. Flyerboard enables a newspapers to offer a different method of promotion - virtual flyers. As they say on their site:
The benefit to PaperG's product, like College Publisher and CampusAve, is that it operates on a network model. So advertisers not only get exposure with your audience, but also those partner publishers in your geographic area. College newspapers using Flyerboard self-reported online ad revenue lifts of 10% in the first two months alone.
For an example of the module in practice, check out the image to the right. It can be formatted to fit any size/shape, but it is highly recommended to have at least 190 pixels in height.
There are 3 possible ways to sell Flyers for the Flyerboard:
- Scenario 1 – a sales person from CMN newspaper initiates the sale and places it for the advertiser. The CMN sales person would then go into the system and set-up the flyer as proxy for the advertiser.
- Scenario 2 – the advertiser goes to the CMN website, sees the FlyerBoard, clicks on "Post Flyer" and then adds their Flyer using the self-serve system.
- Scenario 3 – a PaperG's sales rep or a member of their sales network initiates the sale and places the Flyer to appear on CMN's website.
*The graphic attached outlines the various revenue splits on each of these scenarios.
For pricing, PaperG's existing clients have found varying success, but they provided some pricing guidelines based on what has been successful:
- Flyers should be sold on a weekly basis only
- On average, Flyers have been most successful when sold in the range of:
$30-50/week for a "rotating flyer" placement
$80-100/ week for a "full time" placement
"Rotating" and "Full time" refer to the share of voice each Flyer recieves; rotating means that it will not appear on all page views, it will rotate with other placements. "Full time" means the flyer appears 100% of the time.
If you are interested in taking advantage of this revenue opportunity, please contact email@example.com and put Paper G in the subject line (please include your publication name and URL).