The first step in the process when using AdGear for placing a banner ad on your site is creating the campaign.
Click on the "Campaigns" tab, then click the blue button at right labeled "New Campaign." Fill out the fields:
- Name: Enter the campaign name, starting with your site's 4-digit ID and ending with the time of year the ad with run. (Example: 0000_Nike_Spring2011)
- Advertiser: Enter the advertiser's name, starting with your site's 4-digit ID (Ex: 0000_Nike); Choose "Partner's Local" in the Industry field.
- Dates: Click on the Calendar buttons to select the start and end dates of the campaign. Note: The dates you enter here will be defaults for the placements you create.
- Frequency: You can choose a frequency capping method, if necessary. For example, if you set a maximum of 3 views (impressions) per user and choose a timeframe (per month, per week, per day): AdGear will distribute the impressions accordingly throughout the schedule instead of running them all on the first day. If you prefer to run the ad impressions immediately, choose forever.
- Click on the Save button when you are done.